Monday 11 May 2009

Monday - Asking Advice

My old Dad used to say to me 'Son, whatever you do, make sure you ask trading advice from people on the internet.'. Actually, on reflection, he said something about lifting things properly so I don't hurt my back. But I think the point stands.

Last week when I registered to attend the Table Top sale in Bristol, I though I'd place a post on The Miniatures Page, asking for advice on running a stall as it's something I've never done before. You can find the thread here.

The main points that I took away were:
  • Take a lot of change
  • Clearly mark the prices
  • Take Bags and Wrapping
  • Sell cheap!
I was also advised to take a bumbag for the money, but I think I'll give that one a miss. It'll have to be an old biscuit tin instead...

I'm very keen to sell as much of my terrain as I can, so If you're there, come over to the stall and say hello, If you mention that you read the blog, I may even give you a discount!

1 comment:

Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I'd add: Be willing to barter with people too.
Other than that, all those look like they'll make for a successful day.