I mentioned the Mantic Skeletons in my last post and I've managed to get some painted. I tried a number of different colours to see what final effect would look best (plus which would be easy to do 100 times over, and would look impressive when viewed as an army). The results are below:
Painting a few test pieces is a good idea if you're painting a large number of figures, it can be a nightmare to get halfway through an army and realise that it looks muddled and uncoordinated when it's all together on the tabletop. Having to repaint or rebase figures can take up valuable time and money, so a few test pieces is quite a frugal idea!
Anyway, before I get onto my Dark Eldar or Undead I've got to finish off the Goblins, write a 2400pt list to go against Shiny tomorrow night and look at a 1000pt list for a forthcoming tournament (my first ever) so it's going to be a busy year. Hooray!