Things got even worse a couple of weeks ago, as I was informed that I'd been given a 'Stylish Blogger Award' not only once, but TWICE! It's a nightmare.
|There's not actually a trophy to go with it. But if there was...|
Apparently the rules of the award mean that I've got to answer a few set questions, link back to the poor deluded individuals who nominated me, and then link to a number of of other blogs that inspire me. Yes, it's less an award and more a chain letter with flattery, but hey it's a chance to talk about me, and some of you of course.
1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award.
Mucho thanks go to Ruaridh at The Ooh Shiny Complex and Tristan at GW Pertinent. Thank you!
2. Share seven things about yourself.
Do they all have to be true? Okay, one of them is made up.
- I'm a Dad of two lovely children, who I'm currently training to be gamers (I have a number of other children, but they're horrible and not interested in gaming),
- I'm one of the best wargamers that I know, hardly ever losing games,
- I have earned the right to wear the Green Beret of Commando forces,
- I love cycling and often compete in Triathlons (but not as often as I'd like),
- I live in Plymouth, but I'm originally from Yorkshire (USA readers: A part of northern England, very similar to ancient Sparta).
- I've almost completed a degree in Engineering... in my spare time,
- I'm a proud member of the Cross Swords gaming club.
10-15? That's a lot, so I'll just go with the creme de la creme (US readers: That's how people from France say 'Shit hot'):
I must first point to the excellent work undertaken by the contributors to this blog, on their own sites; Game Over by Von, pagan-gerbil.net by Pete and last (but by no means least) the wonderous Wee Blokes by Arabian Knight (US Readers: AK lives in Scotland, and 'Wee Blokes' is Scottish for 'Little Dudes'). Before you check out any of the other geeks I've listed below, make sure you visit these geeks first.
As to the others, a blog I really like is Doctor Merkury's Lab. I've mentioned this blog before when I built a ruined wall, and I often check back to see what the good doctor has been up to.
If you're a fan of 40k, Epic, Space Marines, Sharks or really rather good cartoons, you should pop over and visit NinjaBread, run by Curis. Just don't tell him I sent you as it'll go to his head.
Studio Cyberlab has to be seen to be believed, it's just insane. It features some of the best conversions I've ever seen.
There's some interesting work going on with toys over at Nathan 'Ironworker' Miller's site, gaming related profanity at Dick Move*, and some fortifications being built at The Sharp End of the Brush which are shaping up to be very impressive.
|Fortifications being built at The Sharp End of The Brush|
And finally, one of the best blogs out there and not in any way gaming related; the New York based cycling blog: Bike Snob. Fantastically funny.
That's all for now, please visit these other blogs and say hello from me, just make sure you come back. Okay?
*I've just noticed that 'Dick Move' has been nominated a number of times, his response to the whole idea is much better than mine. Check it here.