Saturday 21 March 2009

Introducing The Frugal Challenge

It's been a busy week for gaming (surely the best kind of week?), I’ve been building, painting, converting and I’ve spent so much time adding static grass to things I’m completely flocked!
I’ve done a little bit more work on my Blood Bowl pitch, which should be finished in the next couple of weeks, so expect some photos soon.

I also added my blog to the miniwargaming 'Site Rater' engine so go over and give me a thumbs up to help raise the profile of your favourite frugal blog.

Last week I posted about the modular terrain boards I’ve been working on for Necromunda and I’ve had a few requests for better photos of the detail pieces I made, so here you go (on a 1cm grid):

The pieces from top left to bottom right are:
  • 2 x Columns
  • Shield Plaque
  • Window Corner
  • Vent
  • Plaque/Street Sign
  • Half Barrel
  • Column Base
  • 2 x Windowsill
  • Small Odd Decoration
Here they are in situ:




In other news I’m looking forward to my trip to Salute next week, which brings me on to the subject of the Frugal Challenge.

The Frugal Challenge

I’ve decided to issue a challenge to all manufacturers and suppliers involved in the hobby, whether they produce boardgames, miniatures, card games, terrain or anything else for that matter. What I’m asking is;


Do your products offer high quality and good value for money?


I’ve added a ‘Frugal Challenge’ logo to the right of this page which you can click for more information.

I hope to get a good response and I’ll be talking directly to traders at Salute and trying to convince them to send through their wares so they can be exposed to a wide range of gamers (you lot!).

I’ll also be looking for people to review the products I get sent, but I’ll let you all know when I need a little help.

That’s enough for this week, happy gaming!

No comments: