Sunday 19 July 2009

Battle for Skull Pass


After a very busy couple of weeks, I have returned! Last weekend I was in the glorious metropolis that is Blackpool. Of all the places in the world that I'd like to visit for a weekend, Blackpool has never been particularly high on my list. However, it was my Brother's Stag Night so I couldn't refuse. Anyway between traveling there and back, drinking lots of horrible watered down beer, and throwing my bro's pants (as in underpants, not trousers) onto the roof of a bar I didn't have much chance for blogging.

However, I have been busy during the past couple of weeks with painting. I say painting, but it's mainly just been cutting, filing and gluing. My Dark Eldar force has now been mainly put together and I've thrown a few colours onto them to get some idea of how they're going to look. I'm going with the idea that they're a raiding force that's grown over time with new recruits from all areas, giving a mix of uniforms and colours. I'm still not sure, but we'll see how they turn out...
This week I've got my 11 year old son staying with me. He's quite keen on gaming so I took the opportunity today to go into Games Workshop and pick up a copy of the Warhammer boxed game. We've since spent the afternoon clipping plastic and rolling dice, he seemed to really enjoy it and I must admit I think I did too!

Of course I need to get into another gaming system like I need a hole in the head. Well, I suppose one more wouldn't hurt...

No comments: