Sunday, 27 September 2009
Necromunda / 40K Terrain
It's been another quiet week for gaming, plus I've got an exam looming which I'm revising for so the painting has taken a bit of a back seat. Fortunately, this gives me the chance to show you a model I finished a few weeks ago.
I was given an old cardboard tub from a friend (you know you're a serious gamer when your friends save bits and pieces for you!) and decided that it would make an excellent pair of storage tanks. I also had an old broken desk lamp that I needed to use in a project so I decided to put it all together...
I added a few plastic pipes to add to the industrial theme, and some of my plaster mouldings to provide cover.
The tops of the tanks were plastic mesh (used for cross-stitch and available from craft shops). I made the ladders using a technique from a previous post, and the other pieces are all from my bits box.
The base was textured using amis of sand, PVA glue, black paint and plaster. This was then painted onto the base with a thick brush. Various bits of broken plaster, stones and pipes were pressed into the mix while still wet.
The whole thing was then spraypainted black...
Then it was painted with an airbrush...
Final bits of detail and flock were added and It's ready to go! Hooray!
This was quite a quick project, but it was fun to make and I really like the final results. Just because a terrain project is large, it doesn't have to be remarkably complex. Give it a go and let me know how you get on!